250g Nuttikrust biscuits, crushed into fine crumbs
90g Stork Baking Margarine, melted
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp gelatin
500g cream cheese
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 1/4 cups cream, whipped
250g strawberries boiled in 1/4 cup water and 2 tbsp castor sugar then processed in a food processor till smooth (save a few whole berries for decoration)
Step by step method
- Line a 22cm round springform cake tin with foil and spray with spray 'n cook.
- Mix biscuit crumbs with melted Stork Bake Margarine and press firmly into the base and up the sides of the cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water. Stand bowl in boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese until softened. Add lemon juice and sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold half the gelatin mixture into the cheese mixture. Fold the remaining gelatin into the processed strawberry mixture.
- Swirl both mixtures into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- Remove the pan and decorate with whipped cream and strawberries.