150g Stork Baking Margarine, at room temperature
3 eggs, separated
30ml lemon juice
30ml ground almonds
10ml baking powder
3 large apples
45ml melted Stork Baking Margarine
1 Whipped cream / sour cream (optional)
Step by step method
- Cream the Stork Bake and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until firm peaks form.
- Sift the dry ingredients together, then add to the egg batter and mix in.
- Fold in the egg whites then spread batter into a 20cm cake tin (it shouldn't be runny enough to pour) that has been greased and floured.
- Arrange apple slices on top and drizzle with melted Stork Bake.
- Bake at 190°C for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle honey over hot cake. Serve with whipped cream or sour cream and extra honey.