For the pastry
150g cake flour
2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
80g Stork Baking Margarine
120g cream cheese
500g tomatoes on the vine
250g feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
15ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
Salt and pepper
Hand full basil leaves
For the toppings
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, salt and Stork in a food processor. Process until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and process until the dough comes together. Form the dough into a disc and wrap withÂ cling-wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out onto the baking tray until 5mm thickness. Place the tomatoes and feta on top of the pastry. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Place dollops of pesto on top and garnish with fresh basil leaves.