Main Ingredient Group
100g Stork Baking Margarine
200g Tennis biscuits, crushed
25ml cold water
50ml boiling water
397g condensed milk
230g smooth cream cheese
125ml lemon juice
5ml vanilla essence
410g tinned gooseberries
30ml apricot jam
1 Whipped cream and mint to serve (optional)
Step by step method
- Melt the Stork Bake and add the biscuits. Press into a 23cm pie dish or lined springform cake tin.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the cold water and allow to sponge. Then dissolve the gelatine mixture in boiling water and allow to cool.
- Place condensed milk, cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla essence and cooled gelatine in a bowl. Beat the mixture well.
- Use a separate bowl to beat the cream until stiff. Fold the cream in the cheese mixture.
- Spoon onto the biscuit base. Refrigerate until set.
- Drain the fruit and arrange on top of the set cheesecake. Place the juice from the fruit in a saucepan together with the apricot jam.
- Stir in the corn flour. When dissolved, stir over low heat until boiling. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Then pour over the berries on the cheesecake.
- Return to fridge and allow to set.
- Serve with whipped cream and mint.