5 Chicken thighs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
2 Tbsp Stork Butter Spread
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Red pepper, finely diced
1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1 Tbsp Crushed garlic
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp Tomato paste
1 Can Crushed tomatoes OR 3 Grated Fresh tomatoes
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Cup White rice, rinsed
2 Cups of Chicken stock, warm
1 Cup Frozen peas
2 Tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
Step by step method
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt Stork Butter Spread then fry chicken for 4 minutes on both sides until golden.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan: fry onion until soft then add red pepper, Cajun seasoning, garlic and Italian herbs and fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes and sugar then add the rice to the pan.
- Pour in the stock and return your chicken to the pan.
- Cover and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 35 minutes.
- Stir in the peas then return to the oven, uncovered for another 10 minutes. Finish off with fresh parsley and serve.