180g Stork Baking Margarine
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Generously grease and flour a cupcake tray or use paper cupcake cases.
- Cream Stork Bake margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat for another minute. Beat in vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the cocoa, food colouring, and 2 tbsp water. Beat into the mixture.
- Measure out the flour, baking powder and salt. Alternate adding flour and buttermilk / yoghurt mixtures to the batter, beating on low to medium speed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the cupcake tray and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool on a cake rack before icing.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the flour and milk, then gently bring to the boil stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool in the refrigerator.
- Beat the Stork Bake margarine, sugar and vanilla together. Add the flour and milk mixture a little at a time (make icing ahead of cupcakes so that it has plenty of time to cool). Beat well, adding milk or cream as needed to get the right consistency. Ice the top of the cupcakes.