200g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
200g caster sugar
10ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
200g self-raising flour
For the icing
250g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
250g icing sugar
10ml vanilla essence
Blue food colouring
24 candy eyes
Chocolate piping icing
12 Jelly Tots
96 Sour worms
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole cupcake pan with cupcake papers
- Place the Stork Bake and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Crean until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time while mixing. Lower the speed and sieve in the self-raising flour
- Fill the cupcake holes 2/3 full. With the back side of a teaspoon press the batter in the middle, so that the cupcake bakes evenly.Â
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes turning the pan once after 10 minutes. Test the cupcake with a cake tester, if it comes out clean
- Whisk the Stork Bake in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift in the icing sugar and whisk further until smooth. Add the vanilla essence, whisk until well combined. Add the blue food colouring and whisk to combine.
- Ladle the icing into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pipe each cupcake with the icing in a wave pattern to create the ocean waves.
- Stick a little icing on the candy eyes to let them stick on the jelly tots, pipe a mouth with the chocolate icing on each jelly tot. Place the jelly tots on each cupcake and surround them with sour worms to create tentacles.Â