375g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
300g soft brown sugar
30g rooibos tea powder, ground finely, plus extra to sprinkle
5 large eggs, at room temperature
½ tsp vanilla extract
420g cake flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
Cinnamon Amasi Icing:
125g Stork Baking Margarine
210g icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp amasi
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (or 160 fan forced). Line a 18-hole muffin pan with cupcake cases.
- Cream the Stork bake, sugar and rooibos until very light and fluffy – about 8 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl often.
- Add the vanilla. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the Stork mixture, alternating with the amasi.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake cases (fill each 2/3 full), then bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until springy to the touch. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, cream the Stork Bake and icing sugar until very light and fluffy – about 8 minutes.
- Add the amasi and ground cinnamon and whip until firm. Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe onto the cupcakes. Decorate with extra rooibos tea powder.