Peppermint Crisp Cupcakes
150g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
150g light muscovado sugar
3 large eggs, whisked
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
Pinch of salt
Peppermint Crisp Icing
80g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
250g (2 cups) icing sugar, sifted
1 x 360g tinned caramel, whisked
1 x 150g bar peppermint crisp, crushed
Mini coconut biscuits, to garnish
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Cream the STORK Bake and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for at least 8 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sift in the flour and add the vanilla and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Drop a heaped spoonful of batter into each cupcake case (they should be half full) and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, cream the STORK Bake and 2 tbsp of caramel together until light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted icing sugar and whip until light. Add half the peppermint crisp (keeping the rest for garnish).
- Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pipe a teaspoonful of caramel into the centre of each cupcake.
- Pipe the icing around and on top of the caramel then sprinkle over the remaining crushed peppermint crisp.
- Garnish the cupcakes with the mini biscuits.