1 cup warm milk (110ºC)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup Stork Baking Margarine, melted
4½ cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
½ cup white sugar
2½ tsp instant yeast
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2½ tbsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup Stork Baking Margarine, softened
85g cream cheese, softened
¼ cup Stork Baking Margarine, softened
1½ cups icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
1/8 tsp salt
Step by step method
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Mix in the white sugar, Stork Bake, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well.
- Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
- Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. Knock back and allow to rest.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into a 5mm thick rectangle.
- Spread dough with ⅓ cup Stork Bake and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up dough and cut into 12 buns.
- Place buns in a lightly greased 2 x 33 cm baking tray.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bake buns in preheated oven until golden brown (about 15 minutes).
- While buns are baking, beat together cream cheese, 0.25 cup Stork Bake, icing sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
- Spread icing on warm buns before serving.