1kg (8 cups) cake flour
37.5ml milk powder
65.5g Stork Baking Margarine (1/4 cup)
1 sachet instant dry yeast
Approx. 500ml lukewarm water
Step by step method
- Sift dry ingredients together then rub in the Stork Bake.
- Pour the warm water into the centre and mix to form a rough dough, knead until smooth (about 5 - 10 minutes).
- Place dough in a oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap, allow to rest for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Knock the dough down and roll into 2 long rolls, divide into 30 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each ball of dough flat into a long oval shape, then roll it up tightly, similar to a swiss roll.
- Place the bread roll, with the seam on the bottom, on a greased baking tray and cover with cling wrap and allow to proof for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Beat 1 egg with 5ml salt for a shiny finish.
- Brush dough rolls with egg glaze and bake at 240ºC for 12 - 15 minutes.