Main Ingredient Group
450g self-raising flour
110g Stork Baking Margarine
140g cheddar cheese, grated
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix together the flour and rub in Stork Bake.
- Stir in the cheese and then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly.
- Pat out to a circle 2cm thick. Use a 5cm cutter to stamp out rounds and place on the baking sheet.
- Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.