Main Ingredients Group
2250ml (9 cups) self-raising flour
1 pinch of salt
500g Stork Baking Margarine
Step by step method
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together and rub in the Stork Bake until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Mix buttermilk and eggs together and mix with flour. Work into a dough and then divide mixture between 3 greased loaf tins.
- Bake at 180°C for 1 hour or until cooked through. Remove from tins and allow to cool.
- Cut into rusks and then arrange on baking trays.
- Dry the rusks in a cool oven of 100°C for 2 - 3 hours until crispy and dry.
- Store in airtight containers.