Quiche Base Ingredients
225g cake flour
125g Stork Baking Margarine, cubed
Pinch of salt
Approx. 45ml icy water
250g spinach, chopped
100g ricotta cheese, crumbled
250g bacon bits, fried and cooled
150g grated cheddar cheese
Step by step method
- Place the flour, cubed Stork Bake and salt into a bowl and using your fingertips rub the Stork Bake into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over enough water until the dough is able to come together to form a ball. You may need slightly more or less than the 45ml of water.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and allow to cool in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- When the dough has cooled, roll out on a lightly floured surface and line the greased patty pan hollows with round pastry discs.
- Prick the bases with a fork and bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and cheddar cheese.
- After 10 minutes remove the bases from the oven, arrange the spinach, ricotta and bacon on the cooked bases then pour in the egg filling.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the centre of the quiche has set and is golden brown on top.