Hot Sweet Buns
6 hot cross buns, sliced in half lengthways
75g Stork Country Spread
4 eggs, lightly whisked
750 ml milk
1/2 lemon, zested
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp nutmeg
5 tbsp marmalade
2 tbsp brown sugar
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 150ºC.
- Lightly grease the baking dish.
- Generously spread the margarine on the sliced buns.
- Arrange the layers of sliced buns on the base of the baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the lemon zest, vanilla, nutmeg and marmalade.
- Pour over the base of hot cross buns.
- Top with the top halves of the hot cross buns.
- Pour remaining milk mixture over.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for roughly 40 minutes until fully set.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or custard.