12.5ml mixed spice
1 good pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
60g Stork Baking Margarine
10g instant yeast
25ml mixed peel
125ml currants or raisins
1 egg, beaten
250ml milk (warm)
Piping Dough Ingredients
50g Stork Baking Margarine
1ml baking powder
Step by step method
- Sift flour, salt and spices. Rub in Stork Bake until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add sugar, yeast and fruit.
- Add egg and milk to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in warm place to rise to double its size. Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- Divide into equal portions and with your fingers, form each into a bun.
- Place on a greased tray. Cover and allow to rise for 20 - 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Brush with a little beaten egg and pipe a cross on the top. Bake in a hot oven at 220°C for 10 - 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Rub Stork Bake into flour and baking powder. Add milk to form a paste. Mix well until smooth.
- Place into a plastic sandwich bag.
- Push to one corner to form a piping bag.
- Snip the end with a pair of scissors.