1 cup (250ml) bran
6 cups (6 x 250ml) cake flour
2 cups (500ml) oats
2 tbsp (30ml) baking powder
¾ cup (180ml) sugar
½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
1 cup (250ml) soft Stork Baking Margarine
1 cup (250ml) water
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups (500ml) buttermilk/low-fat maas
½ cup (125ml) sunflower/other seeds
½ cup (125ml) raisins/cranberry
½ cup (125ml) toasted chopped nuts
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease and line 2 x 20cm cake tins or a large oven dish.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Rub soft Stork Bake into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Beat water, eggs and buttermilk. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon into baking tins. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the tins and cool. Slice into rusks and place on a baking tray.
- Heat oven to 100°C and dry rusks out for 6 - 8 hours or overnight.
- Cool and pack in an airtight container.