Tomato based sauce
3 Garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup Capers, chopped
¼ cup Sundried tomatoes, chopped
60ml Olive oil
60 grams Stork Butter Spread
Handful of dill, chopped
2 Tbsp Dill, chopped
200 grams Cherry tomatoes,
100 grams Green olives, pitted and chopped
5ml Lemon zest
Chopped Chives for garnish, as desired
4 Hake fillets
Salt and pepper, as desired
30 grams Stork Butter Spread
2 Garlic cloves, minced
Tips & Variations
Serve with baguette slices toasted with Stork Country Spread.
Step by step method
Tomato Based Sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat lemon juice in a pan, add the olive oil and Stork Butter Spread.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, then turn the heat to low.
- Add garlic, herbs, tomatoes, olives, capers and lemon zest.
- Stir through the mixture until heated through.
- Remove from stovetop, pour in a bowl and set aside.
- Season hake with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan and add Stork Butter Spread.
- Pan fry the hake briefly on both sides in butter and garlic, on a high heat.
- Remove from stovetop and top with the tomato based sauce.
- Place the pan in the oven for 4 minutes, remove and serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.