30ml apricot jam
10ml bicarbonate of soda
60ml Stork Baking Margarine melted
2 egg yolks
200g castor sugar
100g Stork Baking Margarine
50ml dark rum
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
Whipped cream, ice-cream or custard
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the apricot jam and beat well. Add the remaining ingredients and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a 2 – 3L ovenproof dish and bake at 180°C for 20 - 30 minutes or until done. Remove from the oven
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together.
- Place Stork Bake, milk and cream in a pot and bring to the boil – remove from heat.
- Pour half a cup of pot mixture into the sugar mixture whilst whisking.
- Add the sugar mixture to remaining mixture in pot and whisk.
- Add in the rum, brandy, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk.
- Pour over the pudding immediately.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or custard
Process Step 1