250g Stork Baking Margarine
125ml smooth apricot jam
10ml bicarbonate of soda
15ml ground ginger
1250ml cake flour
15ml mixed spice
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C. Grease a few baking trays with Stork Bake.
- Cream together the Stork Bake and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the jam and beat well.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add the bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the egg mixture to the creamy mixture, beating until well blended.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 3mm thick.
- Use a cookie-cutter to cut out figurines. Place on baking sheets and bake for 5 - 10 minutes until done. Leave to cool.
- Decorate with icing and cake decorations to taste.