120g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
½ cup (80g) tahini (sesame paste)
200g soft brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
175g cake flour
¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp fine salt
300g good-quality 70% dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
Extra sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celcius (140 fan forced). Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Cream the Stork, tahini and sugar until light and fluffy – about 8 minutes. Add the egg and yolk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, bicarb and salt then add the dry ingredients to the creamed Stork.
- Mix to form a soft dough. Stir in the chocolate chips, cover and allow to rest for 1 hour in the fridge (or even better, overnight).
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough into large cookies – leaving enough space for them to spread.
- Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.