880g cake flour
100g castor sugar
12g yeast, dried
125g Stork Baking Margarine
480 ml milk
100g onions, cubed
15g fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, parsley)
15g fresh garlic, finely chopped
Garlic and Herb Basting
100g Stork Baking Margarine
10g fresh garlic, finely crushed
10g fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, parsley)
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- In a mixing bowl with hook attachment, add all the dough and filling ingredients together.
- Mix on slow speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix on medium/high speed for 8 minutes.
- Weigh out 80g portions and roll into balls.
- Lightly grease a springform tin. Arrange balls tightly around in circles until all the dough balls fit into the tin.
- Cover with a tea towel and allow to prove in a warm area for roughly 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Bake in oven at 170ºC for 25 – 30 minutes or until bread is fully cooked.
- In a pan, melt the margarine, and add the garlic and herbs.
- Brush over the bread when it comes out the oven to absorb more flavour.