12 slices white bread
Stork Baking Margarine - enough to butter the bread with
6 rashers bacon, cut into small pieces
½ onion, cut into small pieces
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
Step by step method
- Cut the crusts off the bread and trim squares to fit your patty pans tray with the corners protruding above the pan.
- Butter the bread and place it in the pans with the buttered side down.
- Fry the onion and bacon in a little Stork Bake margarine until soft.
- Beat the egg and milk together then add the onion, bacon and cheese.
- Spoon equal amounts into the bread baskets and bake at 180ºC for about 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm.