500g (4 ½ cups) cake flour
75g Stork Baking Margarine, melted plus extra for brushing
160ml (⅔ cup) amasi
250ml (1 cup) ginger beer
2,5 ml (½ tsp) salt
30ml (2 tbsp) apricot jam + extra, to serve
60ml hot water
Step by step method
- To make the Dikuku le gemer, preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and form a well in the center using your hands.
- Add the melted STORK Bake, amasi and ginger beer and mix by using a blunt knife in a cutting motion to incorporate all the ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and shape into a 2cm thick disc.
- Using a 7 cm cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut out round shapes and place them on a lined baking tray, brush with extra melted STORK Bake and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Make the glaze by mixing the apricot jam and hot water together. As soon as the scones come out of the oven, brush them with the glaze.
- Serve with extra apricot jam alongside.