1 cup (250g) Stork Baking Margarine
1 cup (250g) white sugar
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
2 eggs, beaten
480 g cake flour, sifted
2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
1 tsp (5ml) salt
5n tsp (25ml) water
Royal Icing Ingredients
1½ cups (375ml) icing sugar
1 egg white
4 drops lemon juice
Step by step method
- Cream the Stork Bake and sugar until light in colour.
- Add the vanilla essence and eggs.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and add to the Stork Bake mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the water if necessary.
- Roll out to a thickness of 3mm and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake at 200°C for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool before icing.
- Sift icing sugar.
- Beat egg white and add to icing sugar and mix until a smooth piping consistency forms.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix to the colour you desire.
- Spoon into small sandwich bags and push to one corner to make a piping bag.
- Snip off the corner and ice cookies.