350g plain/all-purpose flour
¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
230g Stork Baking Margarine
130g castor/granulated sugar
130g dark brown sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
170g dark chocolate chips
170g white chocolate chips
Zebra Drizzle Ingredients (optional)
1 cup (170 g) dark chocolate chips
1 cup (170 g) white chocolate chips
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Grease several baking trays and/or line them with baking paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Stork Bake margarine with the sugars using an electric mixer or wooden spoon for about 5 minutes (until light and fluffy).
- Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping the sides occasionally.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in the dark and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dough onto the baking trays using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop. Leave at least 2 inches between each cookie so that they have room to expand.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand for 2 minutes on a wire rack; remove from trays and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in two separate bowls in a microwave on low power. Drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the cookies followed by the melted white chocolate. Leave to set before serving.