300g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder (10 g)
150g treacle/muscovado sugar (dark brown sugar)
150g Stork Baking Margarine
1-2 tsp mixed spice (10-20g)
A pinch of salt
Step by step method
- Pre-heat the oven to 185°C.
- Sift the flour in a glass bowl and add the baking powder.
- Crumble the soft Stork Bake in the bowl and also add the treacle sugar and mixed spice.
- Now roll up your sleeves and knead all the ingredients to a firm, smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it firm up in the fridge for half an hour.
- In the meantime, grease the bottom of the baking tin with Stork Bake and cover the bottom and sides of the tin with baking paper. The Stork Bake will help the baking paper to stick.
- After half an hour, the dough is ready to roll out. Sprinkle some flour on your kitchen worktop and roll out the dough from the middle, using a rolling pin. Donât roll it out too thin, try and keep it about 0.5 cm thick.
- Bake the dough for 15 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 1 minute. Make sure it is still hot enough, so you can cut nice rectangles from it.
- Store your home-made gingerbread in a well-closed biscuit tin. Yum!