250g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
200g (250ml) caster sugar
1 large egg
5ml baking powder
175g cake flour
85g rolled oats
85g desiccated coconut
50g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
Pinch of salt
165g granulated sugar
25g Stork Baking Margarine
½ tsp sea salt
780g Pink Lady apples, cored and sliced
15ml ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
Step by step method
- Prepare the crumble by creaming the STORK Bake and caster sugar together.
- Beat in the egg and mix in the rest of the dry ingredients until completely combined and crumbly.
- To make the caramel sauce, place the sugar and water in a 700ml capacity potjie over medium-hot coals (or over a gas flame).
- Stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Allow to caramelise until golden brown, then pour in the cream and add the STORK Bake.
- Whisk until completely combined and toss in the apple slices and cinnamon.
- Mix to coat the apple slices completely and sprinkle the crumble over.
- Place the potjie lid on top with 6 coals placed on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and the apples are soft.
- Alternatively bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream.
process shot 1