Biscuit Sandwich Ingredients
115g Stork Baking Margarine, cubed
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tbsp milk plus more if needed
2 litre tub store-bought vanilla ice cream
400g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
Toasted pecan nuts, chopped, for dipping
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cream the Stork Bake, oil, sugar, vanilla, and salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the egg and mix until just incorporated then add the cornstarch, cocoa powder, and flour and combine until the mixture comes together.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to 5mm thick and cut out 5cm rounds using a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dip the ice cream tub briefly in hot water and un-mould onto a baking tray.
- Using a sharp knife, slice 2cm thick slices of ice cream and then, using the same cookie cutter, cut out rounds of ice cream and sandwich them between two cookies.
- Repeat with the remaining ice cream and cookies.
- Arrange on a separate baking sheet and immediately place in the freezer until solid.
- In a small bowl, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil on medium heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip the frozen ice cream sandwiches into the chocolate, and immediately into the toasted nuts.
- Return to the freezer until ready to serve.