Main Ingredients Group
250g Stork Baking Margarine
250ml golden syrup
500ml brown sugar
750ml cake flour
30ml ground ginger
10ml bicarbonate of soda
Step by step method
- Melt the Stork Bake and stir in the golden syrup. Allow to cool.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and stir into the golden syrup mixture alternately with the milk. Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator until firm enough to shape.
- Roll out and cut into shapes, or shape into small balls and press with a fork. Place 7cm apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven at 190°C for approximately 10 minutes.