Main ingredient group
1cup wheat flour
0.5tsp baking powder
20g Stork Baking Margarine
A pinch of salt
Step by step method
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Rub the Stork Bake margarine into the sifted dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg and gradually add it to the flour mix. Stir gently so as not to bind it into a stiff dough. The mixture must have some soft lumps and some finer floury bits.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until boiling point and gradually sprinkle the flour mix into the milk, stirring all the time.
- Stir until mixture thickens. It must have small soft lumps in it and the consistency of a thick custard.
- Serve hot in glass bowls dotted with Stork Bake margarine and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.