225g Stork Baking Margarine
4 extra-large eggs, separated
15ml baking powder
500ml castor sugar
750ml cake flour
250g Stork Baking Margarine
500g icing sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with a little water
Easter eggs and decoration, as desired
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cream Stork Bake and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and water in two batches.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cake mix.
- Pour into two greased cake tins and bake for 45 minutes, or until firm to the touch in the middle.
- Leave in the tins for a few minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Beat Stork Bake until soft and as white as possible then add the cocoa.
- Add the icing sugar a little at a time, beating well.
- Sandwich the two cake layers together with a little icing then cover the top and sides with icing using an icing tube. Alternatively, make patterns around the sides with a fork to look like a basket.
- Arrange some small chocolate Easter eggs in the basket with any other Easter decoration you may desire.