100g Stork Baking Margarine (room temp.)
200g all purpose flour
100g Cheddar cheese, grated
250 ml milk
Seasoning of choice
100g onion, julienne, caramalised
100g baby tomatoes, cut diagonally
100g mature Cheddar, grated
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, mix all three ingredients for base together until a dough is formed.
- Grease the quiche mould, then press the dough into the mould and up the sides.
- If you have dough remaining, clingfilm and store in a fridge or freezer.
- Press the base and sides with a fork and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven, then turn down the temperature to 140ºC.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together. Add seasoning.
- On base of quiche, place the onions, then add the custard.
- Arrange the tomatoes neatly around the quiche, sprinkle Cheddar.
- Cook in the oven at 140ºC for 40 – 45 minutes until custard is fully cooked and not wobbly.