15g yeast, dried
300 ml warm water
30g brown sugar
75g Stork Baking Margarine
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Stork Baking Margarine
1/2 cup milk
6 bananas, sliced
3 tbsp brown sugar
Oil to brush
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place all dough ingredients in a mixing bowl with dough attachment. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes, then on medium speed for 5-7 minutes until a smooth, soft dough forms.
- Lightly oil a bowl, place the dough inside, cover with a tea towel and allow to prove for 45 minutes.
- Bring the sugar, margarine and milk to the boil, stirring regularly. Take off heat and allow to cool.
- Knock down the dough. Divide into two equal halves.
- Roll out each half into a rectangular shape. Make a mix with the bananas, brown sugar and salt, and place on the rolled out dough. Carefully roll up like a Swiss roll.
- Cut into 12-15 slices.
- Place upside down onto a muffin tray and allow to prove for 10- 15 minutes.
- Brush the buns with oil and bake at 180°C for 12 – 15 minutes. Drizzle with topping when serving.