6 large hot cross buns, thinly sliced
Melted Stork Baking Margarine to butter the bread
1/2 cup chopped date
1/2 cup grated carrots
60g Stork Baking Margarine cubed
4 cups pouring vanilla custard
1 cup pouring cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBS mixed chai spices
Step by step method
- Spread melted STORK on hot cross buns and layer in an oven dish
- Sprinkle chopped dates, carrots and cubes STORK over the buttered buns.
- Whisk the custard, pouring cream, sugar and chai spices together.
- Pour the custard mix over the buttered buns and allow to sit for 10 mins while the buns absorb the custard.
- Bake for 20-30 mins at 180 degrees Celsius (until golden brown)