125g Stork Baking Margarine
2 medium eggs
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp candied peel/grated lemon rind
1 tsp currants
2 to 3 tbsp milk
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Lightly grease muffin trays or line them with paper cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl, beat Stork Bake until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs gradually, one at a time.
- In another bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Mix salt, candied peel/lemon rind and currants in the flour.
- Fold the flour into the creamed mix.
- Stir in the milk. The mixture should be of dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared muffin tray/paper cases and bake for 12 - 15 minutes.