60g Stork Baking Margarine, cubed, at room temperature
420g cake flour
1 tsp salt
50ml soft brown sugar
1 tsp mixed spices
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed peel (optional)
10g Instant dry yeast
1 large egg, beaten
200ml warm water
½ cup raisins
¼ cup flour
1 tbsp melted Stork Baking Margarine
2 tbsp water
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Castor sugar to dust
200g chocolate hazelnut spread, to fill
Step by step method
- Rub the Stork Bake into the flour and mix in salt, sugar, spices and mixed peel, if using.
- Add the yeast and mix. Beat the egg and warm water together and add to the dough.
- Mix to form a soft dough then knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Mix in the raisins.
- Divide into 24 pieces and roll into balls. Place on a lightly floured surface, cover and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Mix the flour, oil and water together and place in a piping bag. Pipe crosses onto the buns.
- Heat a large pot of oil to 180C and fry the doughnuts, in batches until golden and puffed.
- Remove from oil and immediately dust in castor sugar.
- Place the Nutella in a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle. Pierce a hole in the side of the doughnut, insert the nozzle and fill each doughnut with nutella.