4 extra-large eggs
375ml castor sugar
250ml Stork Baking Margarine
10ml cream of tartar
10ml vanilla essence
5ml bicarbonate of soda
500g icing sugar
125g Stork Baking Margarine
45ml boiling water
5ml vanilla essence
750ml Coconut for coating
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Melt the Stork Bake and add to the eggs and sugar, mixing well.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and milk to the creamed egg mixture in batches until well blended, then mix in the vanilla essence.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in a little extra milk and add to the cake mixture, blending well.
- Spoon into a greased rectangular baking tray, and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool and cut into squares or fingers.
- Prepare the icing by mixing together all the ingredients.
- Coat the squares or fingers in icing, and then roll in the coconut to coat.