For the donuts:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted Stork Baking Margarine
1 large egg
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup champagne/sparkling wine
For the glaze:
1 1/2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
1 Tbsp melted Stork Baking Margarine
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp champagne/sparkling wine (add more or less, depending on desired consistency)
Light pink food colouring (optional)
Rose buds or fresh roses
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and use a little STORK Bake to grease the donut pans.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted STORK margarine, vanilla essence, egg, buttermilk and whisk until well combined.
- Gently, stir the champagne into the wet mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Use a piping bag fitted with a large round piping tip to pipe the batter into the donut pan, filling them 3/4 full.
- Place the donut pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the donuts to cool before glazing.
- Combine the melted STORK margarine, vanilla essence, milk and champagne
- Stir in the icing sugar a little at a time and mix well. Add more icing sugar if needed.
- Once donuts have cooled, dip the top of each donut into the glaze and transfer to a wire rack.
- Top with crushed pistachio’s and roses.