225g Stork Baking Margarine
4 extra-large eggs, separated
15ml baking powder
500ml castor sugar
Stork Cream Icing Ingredients
250g Stork Bake
500g icing sugar, sifted
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the Stork Bake and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and water in 2 batches.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold in the cake mix.
- Pour into 2 greased baking pans and bake for 30 - 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Beat the Stork Bake until soft and as white as possible.
- Gradually beat in half the icing sugar and then beat in the remaining icing sugar.
- For chocolate icing: Beat 125ml cocoa into the softened Stork Bake, and then use 400g icing sugar and 45ml milk.
- For coloured icing: Once your icing is made, divide into bowls according to the amount of colours you need for your cake. Add a little colouring at a time and mix well with a spoon.