1 cup cake flour
90g Stork Baking Margarine, chopped into pieces
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp vinegar/lemon juice
375g smooth cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 large eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup thick cream (or sour cream)
1 punnet blueberries/1 tin drained blueberries (if tinned keep the juice and a few blueberries for decorating)
Whipped cream and additional blueberries, for serving
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease a 22cm round springform pan. Line the base with baking paper then grease the paper.
- Place flour and Stork Bake into a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until mixture is fine and crumbly.
- Add the egg yolk and the vinegar/lemon juice and process till the mixture comes together.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface and press together till smooth, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper large enough to cover the base and sides of the pan.
- Cut a piece of paper large enough to cover the pastry lined pan.
- Spread a layer of rice or dried beans evenly over the paper and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and discard the paper and beans/rice and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese and sugar till light and creamy. Add the lemon rind.
- Add egg one at a time, beating well.
- Add lemon juice and sifted cornflour, beat well.
- Fold in the thick cream. Scatter the blueberries over the pastry base, pour over the cream cheese mix.
- Bake at 180ºC for 30 - 35 minutes or until firm. Leave to cool.
- Remove from pan and decorate with whipped cream and blueberries.