Main Ingredient Group
225g Stork Baking Margarine, at room temperature
225g Selati Castor Snow
225g Sasko self-raising flour, sifted
1 Coffee syrup
1cup Selati sugar
0.5cup strong coffee
Mocha Buttercream Icing Ingredients
125g Stork Baking Margarine, softened
0.5cup cocoa powder, sifted
200g icing sugar, sifted
1 Cocoa powder, to dust
Step by step method
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the Stork Bake and sugar into a mixing bowl, and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs (add a little flour with the last bit to prevent curdling).
- Fold in the remaining flour.
- Grease and line the bottom of two 20cm sandwich tins, and spoon half the mixture into each.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 25 - 35 minutes, turn out, and remove the paper lining and leave to cool.
- Make the syrup by gently dissolving the sugar in the coffee over low heat until dissolved. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- For the buttercream, cream the Stork Bake, cocoa powder, icing sugar and milk until light and creamy.
- Drizzle the sponge with the coffee syrup and sandwich with the buttercream. Dust with cocoa powder and serve.