180g Stork Baking Margarine
125ml icing sugar
5ml baking powder
130ml custard powder
Royal Icing Ingredients
375ml icing sugar
1 egg white
4drops lemon juice
1 Food colouring
Step by step method
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cream the Stork Bake and icing sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Sift in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place in a baking tray for 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown.
- Dust with a little extra sifted icing sugar or decorate as below if desired.
- Sift icing sugar.
- Beat egg lightly and then add icing gradually, beating well, until the icing reaches piping consistency.
- Beat in lemon juice.
- Colour small quantities of icing according to personal taste.
- Spoon each colour of icing into a small icing bag and snip off one corner to make a piping bag.
- Pipe details onto the cookies.