300g plain flour
150g Stork Baking Margarine
5 eggs, separated
16g vanilla sugar / 1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
150g dried tropical fruits and nuts, plus extra for decoration
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin (approx 25 x 10 cm) and dust with flour.
- Blend the Stork Bake margarine with the sugar and vanilla, keep blending while adding one egg yolk at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until you have stiff peaks. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Add to the other mixture and finally fold in the dried tropical fruits and mix all together.
- Place the cake in the prepared tin.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer, inserted into the middle of the cake, comes out clean (this means the cake is cooked). Once done, remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, you can sprinkle with mixed chopped nuts and dried fruits for decoration.