1 batch vanilla Stork Beat 'n Bake Cake
1 23cm square cake pan
1 round 30cm diameter cake board
1 quantity vanilla Stork Cream Icing
1kg ready-made plastic icing
1 Small star shaped cutters
1 Florist wire
1 Bright food colouring
1 Corn starch
1 Rolling pin
1 Bright or pastel ribbon of your choice
Step by step method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix 1 batch of vanilla Stork Beat 'n Bake cake.
- Pour into a well-greased and lined square pan and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked.
- Turn out onto cake rack and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, take three equal amounts of the ready-made plastic icing the size of a golf ball, and colour into bright or pastel colours of your choice by kneading in food colouring (use cornstarch to keep it from sticking).
- Place corn starch on the counter top and roll each ball of plastic icing to 2mm thick.
- Using the star cutters, cut different stars out of the colours.
- Press a piece of wire into some of the stars. Allow the stars to dry.
- Ice the cake on the top and sides with the vanilla Stork Cream Icing.
- Roll out remaining plastic icing to 3 - 4mm thick.
- Using a rolling pin, carefully lift it over the cake. You may find it easier to do half the cake at a time and then use the ribbon to hide the join.
- Press down gently, moulding it over the cake.
- Use the ribbon to make the bow and make the parcel look like a wrapped present.
- Take the cut out plastic icing stars, and decorate using a little icing to attach stars.